CMAI cordially invites you to a series of monthly webinars on various topics on health sector related issues.
Date and Time: June 21, 2018 (Thursday) | 2.30-3.30 PM
Topic: “Palliative Care: Are we listening?”
Speaker: Dr. Stanley Macaden* (Bio is given below)
A Pioneer in Palliative Care in India; National Faculty of Indian Association of Palliative Care
- Introduction to Palliative Care
- Challenges of Palliative Care in our Country
- Challenges of Palliative Care in our healthcare network
- Why should we be involved in Palliative Care as a Christian Healthcare Network?
- How can we make this possible?
This presentation will be beneficial :
- If you watch it as a team of Decision makers, Doctors, Nurses, Administrators, Chaplains and Allied Health Professionals.
- For Healthcare individuals and institutions who are dealing with patients who have chronic or terminal illness.
- For Healthcare individuals and institutions engaged in Community Based Outreach or Home Based Care.
You can join this live session with the mobile app “Adobe Connect” available for iOS and Android.
You may enter the virtual classroom by clicking the link mentioned below.
Infrastructure required to participate: This will be a live webcast and very easy to access if you have internet connectivity. If there are more than 4-6 persons as participants in a room, an LCD projector will be helpful. For sound clarity, you must use external speakers or headphones. After checking speakers and connectivity, follow these steps about 30 minutes before the program starts.
Steps to login:
Step 1: Type in https://cmai.adobeconnect.com/palliativecare/ in the navigation bar and the adobe connect site will open showing the page in which there will be a space “Enter as Guest”
Step 2: Select ‘Enter as Guest’. If you are in an institution site, log-in with your site name and location. For example, If you are from BBH Bangalore, type in ‘BBH Bangalore’ and then press enter. You can also login individually using your name e.g. Paul, Bangalore
Step 3: The site will open; you will see the screen, the first slide of the PPT Presentation. You will also see a chat box, where you can type in your comments, questions or answers when the presenter seeks an answer.
We request you to attend this online seminar.
Write to email@example.com for more information.
About the Speaker:
National Coordinator of Palliative Care Programme, CMAI
Honorary Palliative Care Consultant, Bangalore Baptist Hospital(BBH)
Ex- Director and Head of Palliative Medicine, BBH, Bangalore,
National Faculty of Indian Association of Palliative Care
Lead,’Project India’ of the International Collaborative for Best Care for the Dying Person.