Terms of Reference
Technical: Labs for Life Project
Labs for Life is a partnership project of MoHFW & CDC for strengthening and quality improvement of public health laboratories in secondary and tertiary care areas. The project has been started in 20 institutions, in 6 states of India. 10 of these are in the secondary (DH and CHCs) and 10 are Medical Colleges. Baseline assessments were done in all the 20 institutions followed by gap analysis and after that, the project is continuously engaged in capacity building activities such as training, mentoring and handholding. So far, Labs for Life Project has given training on Sample Collection and Best Practice, Facility Management, and Safety, Equipment Management, Quality Control, Documentation and Record Management.
No. of vacancies: 1
The purpose of the position: Quality Coordinator
The basic purpose of the position will be to support the project in achieving NABL accreditation of participant laboratories. Conducting regular mentoring visits for training & Handholding at L4L sites, providing technical support to apply learnings and to ensure effective project implementation, monitoring and documentation of training conducted so far.
CMAI proposes recruiting this position purely on contractual basis.
Note: In the CV it is mandatory to mention Age, Year of Passing the Degrees, Current and Past Employment dates on your resume, without which it will not be accepted
Roles and Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of Quality Coordinator will be to
- Help in implementing Quality Management Systems as per ISO15189 and achieve NABL of participating labs
- Implement a machine management system
- Enable Quality Control program at sites
- Enable Documentation system
- Provide support for the roll-out of Training and new initiatives in L4L and in achieving the NABL accreditation of facilities.
- Provide support in conducting regular training/hands on workshop/webinars in various aspects of laboratory aspects
- Undertake field visits to Districts/facilities; required, observation of training learnings. Follow up to ensure that the learnings of the training are implemented.
- Review of existing training modules and modification/preparation of revised guidelines/training manual and modules (if required) – based on the observations from field visits/monitoring; ensure that necessary approvals are obtained and guidelines are disseminated through, e.g., workshops, etc.
- Review of technical documents, preparation of operational guidelines/technical guidelines, PPTs, preparing reports, format etc.
- Handholding to RQCs at sites
- Assistance to institutions to bring about continuous process improvement in planning and monitoring systems towards improving service delivery/quality.
- Identify best practices and innovations within states and districts and support project to document and upload these.
- Perform quality control through conducting competency assessment of the trained participants.
- Submit travel plans and travel reports in advance to reporting officer.
- Modify the available L4L documents and prepare PPT.
- Undertake other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the Reporting Authority.
- Post Graduate degree (MBBS,MD, DNB,DCP) in Pathology/Biochemistry /Microbiology from a reputed and recognized institution;
- Minimum 2-3 years of Post Qualification experience/Senior Residency in laboratory in the laboratory.
- Familiarity with the international standards, ISO 15189 will be an advantage;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Proficiency in managing computers with high level of familiarity with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Preference would be given to the candidate having experience of working with Centre / State / UT health department as a trainer in Quality Management System
- Conditions of formal educational qualification and experience will be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
The selected candidate will report to Technical Manager, L4L and Senior Scientific Advisor, CMAI. Preference will be given to the candidate who can join immediately
Official Travel involved (itinerary and duration): Extensive travel is required. Selected candidate will be required to regularly visit the districts (15-20 days) with prior permission.