Open to all Christian men and women doctors and dentists holding qualifications approved by the Medical Council of India or the Dental Council of India or equivalent bodies overseas.
Number of members as on May 2016: 1243
- Dr B Wesley, Chairperson
- Dr Cecil A Harrison, Vice Chairperson
- Dr Ajit Singh, President
- Dr Bimal Charles, General Secretary
- Dr Abhijeet Sangma, Secretary
- Dr. Inba Kumar, Regional Secretary, Gujarat & Rajasthan
- Dr. Joshua Abhishek, Regional Secretary, Karnataka
- Dr Asha Massey, Regional Secretary, Maharashtra & Goa
- Dr Deepa Choudhrie, Regional Secretary, MP & Chhattisgarh
- Dr Vinod Oommen, Regional Secretary Odisha Region
- Dr Philemon Pawar, Member representing 4 areas of CMAI -1(West)
- Dr Anbu Suresh Rao, Member representing 4 areas of CMAI -2(South)
- Dr Shailendra Awale, Member representing 4 areas of CMAI -3(North)
- Dr Satyajit Jiwanmall, Member representing 4 areas of CMAI -4 (East)
- Dr Deepak Kamle, Invitee – CAMS Coordinator
- Prof Dr J A Jayalal, Representative of Doctors Section in CEB
The Christian Academy of Medical Sciences (CAMS) offers a multidisciplinary three year postgraduate residency programme in family practice affiliated to the MD, family medicine programme of the Tribhuvan University of Nepal. This programme is being conducted by the teaching faculties of Christian Medical College, Vellore, Miraj Medical Centre and Christian Medical College, Ludhiana. Eleven medium size rural mission hospitals of repute serve as field training centres. The Fellowship of the Christian Academy of Medical Sciences (FCAMS) is conferred during a convocation held along with an annual/biennial conference.
Workshops, seminars conferences, consultations on topics related to contemporary issues, hospital management and medical updates. Focus recently has been on Rational Drug Use, Palliative Care, Strategic Planning and Family Life Education.