Allied Health Professionals
Allied Health Professional section is a forum association for all allied health professionals who are working in health care centers. Broadly, there are about 60 disciplines. CMAI motivates and encourages these individuals through training courses, conferences and workshops.
To empower Allied Health Professionals with the spirit of Christian service and to encourage active participation in building a just and healthy society.
Functions of the Section
- Spiritual Nurture and Fellowship
- Training Programmes
- Students Nurture Programme
- Membership Scholarship
- Institutional Visit
- Consultancy Services
All Christian Allied Health Professionals who hold qualifications recognised by CMAI’s Central Education Board.
Number of members as of May 2016: 1011
- Mr. Soundararajan, Chairperson
- Mr. Samuel Sudesh, Vice Chairperson
- Dr. Ajit Singh, President CMAI
- Dr. Bimal Charles, General Secretary CMAI
- Mrs. Ashley Thomas, Asst. Secretary, AHP CMAI
- Ms. B. Christina Johnson, Regional Sectional Secretary- Andhra Pradesh
- Mr. S. Kannan, Regional Sectional Secretary, Bihar & Jharkhand
- Mr. Kersome , Regional Sectional Secretary, Karnataka
- Mr. Nilesh Mecwan, Regional Sectional Secretary, Gujarat & Rajasthan
- Mr Ashish Patro Regional Sectional Secretary, Orissa
- Ms. Idauraile Regional Sectional Secretary, North East
- Mr. Rajesh Sahu , Regional Sectional Secretary West Bengal
- Mr M. Packiaraj, Co-opted Member
- Mr. Sadgun Parmar , Co-opted Member
- Mr. T.G. Abraham, Co-opted Member
- Mr. Vinu Thomas , Co-opted Member
The AHP section is conscious of the responsibility to nurture leadership. As pioneers of Allied Health Sciences in the country with an intensive thrust towards training; the need to mould young talents to take leadership roles cannot be over emphasized. Around 400 allied health professionals are trained each year through our professional’s courses. An equally impressive number attend our many training programmes, workshops and scientific sessions, which are tailored in keeping with our commitment to serve and keep pace with the new inventions that take place in the growing science of medical technology.
CMAI is keen to support member institutions to develop by providing consultancy services, human resource development and technical guidance apart from helping to start new training programmes.
Short Term Training Course (STTC) – Know More
16th National Conference of Allied Health Professionals
17 – 19 November 2016
Cardinal Parecatil Memmorial Renewal Centre
Ernakulam, Kochi 682017
The Christian Medical Association of India (CMAI) is honoured to invite you to the 16th National Conference of the Allied Health Professionals to be held from 17 – 19 November 2016 at Cardinal Parecatil Memmorial Renewal Centre, Kochi, Kerala. The aim of the conference is to bring Christian Allied Health Professionals from all parts of India on a common platform for a time of fellowship, spiritual and professional enrichment and much more.
You are warmly invited to attend the conference, to fellowship with colleagues working in similar situations, to deliberate, to ponder and to be challenged to build a healthy society!
Please click here for details: AHP National Conference 2016 Brochure