The theme for Healing Ministry Week 2019 was “Who Touched Me?” taken from Luke 8: 44-46. Healing Ministry Sunday was celebrated on the 10th and/or 17th of February, and CMAI Day of Prayer was held on the 13th of February to thank God for Healing Ministry. The following is a brief summary of each region’s activities of their Healing Ministry Week efforts.
- North West
- Christian Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana: The whole week was followed with prayers in the hospital chapel from morning 7:30 to 8:30am in which each section took the lead on each day in leading worship and sharing from the word. On Feb17th Sunday many CMAI members from all the sections came together for a powerful time of prayer and fellowship.
- CNI Ludhiana also celebrated the HMW Sunday i.e on Feb 17th.
- Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand
Healing Ministry Week was celebrated on 10th Feb in Banadevi Methodist Church, Aligarh, and in St. Thomas Church (CNI), Meerut on 17th Feb. The RF spoke to the congregation about CMAI, its vision, mission and origins, and how people could be a part of us and help. He also delivered a message. St. Thomas Church collected a special offering of Rs. 10,970 rupees that was sent directly to HQ.
- Bihar and Jharkhand
Materials were distributed to Dr. Pradip Emmanuel Soren, Director, Mahulpahari Christian Hospital, Dumka, Like the previous years, Jharkhand celebrated the Healing ministry week. Though other people did not confirm in writing but it is presumed that the healing ministry week was celebrated in other hospitals too.
- West Bengal and Orissa
Healing Ministry week was celebrated successfully in all the churches of Member Institutions of CMAI in Odisha. Evangelical Hospital, Khariar, Christian Hospital, Behrampur, ECOS Eye Hospital, Asha Kiran Hospital and Christian Hospital Bissamcuttack celebrated the Healing Ministry Sunday Service on Feb 17th. At Bissamcuttack, the celebration went on for the whole week from Feb 10th to 17th. The Doctors, Nurses, AHP, Administrator & Chaplin were given a chance to share the Gospel. The RF attended the Healing Ministry Week and encouraged others to be channels of healing, and was given a chance to pray for patients.
Christian Hospital, Nabrangpur celebrated it on 24th February 2019. The Healing Ministry Service was started with a rally from the Hospital along with the Hospital Staff to the church. The entire service was presided by Rev. Asish Dukhi. The staff including Doctor’s & Nurses led the worship and Dr. Santosh Nag shared the Gospel to more than 200 people in the church. The RF was given an opportunity to share about CMAI and distribute the gifts.
Healing ministry week was observed in some mission hospitals in the region. Through CBCNEI, healing ministry week was circulated among churches in the region. Shared about Healing ministry in Manipur Baptist convention to Gen. Secy. Office, under MBC there are 29 associations. RF also shared the message with Evangelical churches association, under ECA there are 220 churches. KCC churches and its mission Hospital, and Chongthu Baptist Association, Checkon, Imphal; Personally distributed materials of HMW and share about CMAI to the churches such as Gangte Baptist association ; Evangelical synod churches; KWS. Guwahati. Satribari campus church, Guwahati, and Jorhat Christian medical centre campus church.
The new churches which observed HMW for the first time and prayed for CMAI are: Covenant church ,Dimapur ,Nagaland; AO Church, Medzephema; Torko Church, Dungka; Gariapani Church, Dungka; Murpahari Church, Dungka; KWS Guwahati; Calvary Hospital.
- Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
The RF received information that HMW was observed in the following institutions: Champa Christian Hospital, Champa; Padhar Hospital, Padhar; Mid-India Christian Services, Damoh; Aadharshila Sansthan (formerly CICM), Damoh; St. Luke’s Hospital, Takhatpur; Christian Hospital, Mungeli; Sihora Ashram, Sihora. For CMAI Day of Prayer, institutions held a prayer chain throughout the day with staff members ranging from doctors, nurses, students and others maintaining a steady stream of prayer from morning to night. The RF also attended a service with the ELC in MP, and in Aadharshila Sansthan where she got the opportunity to talk about CMAI and the significance of Healing Ministry in today’s climate. Aadharshila Sansthan was also the only hospital that let the RF know they will be sending CMAI their collection from Healing Ministry Sunday. One church in Rajnandgaon, the Marthoma Church, also celebrated Healing Ministry Week.
- Maharashtra and Goa
Ashwood Memorial Hospital – Daund: Guest speaker Dr Sam Newton ( Ph.D in Human Psychology) from Mumbai. All staff of hospital participated in service. Two special songs were presented by them. Members working in mission, government, private were felicitated by church on this occasion. Dr Philemon Pawar (medical superintendent) spoke with congregation about CMAI and healing ministry in India and challenges before them. Rs 15,000 donation from church to hospital. Pastor Benjamin Tiwari conducted the service.
St. Luke Hospital – Solapur: It was celebrated with joy. All the women from the nearby had a fellowship prayer meeting. Church members prayed for the peace of our country, leaders, CMAI hospitals, Healing Ministry. Dr Preeti, a fully proactive person at St. Lukes Hospital, was involved with the special song for the church. This was the first time they celebrated the healing ministry week at their church.
Mure Memorial Hospital – Nagpur observed Healing Ministry Week from Feb 10th to 24th and on Feb 13th February 2019 observed CMAI Day of Prayer at MMH Devotion Hall. Deacon Mrs. Grace Pandit Hospital Chaplin conducted the prayer. Dr. Grace Gill Joseph did the Bible readings. Deacon Mrs. Grace Pandit, did the intercession prayer.
C.N.I. Churches that participated are: All St. Cathedral Church, Sadar; St. Mary Church, Warora; St. Thomas Church, Ghuggus; St. Michael Church, Durgapur; St. Luke Church Ballarpur; St. Andrew Church, Chandrapur; A.H.M.(1840) Memorial Church; St. Thomas Church Amravati; St. Thomas Church New Colony, Hanuman Nagar;; Mrs. Sulekha Parage, Dr. Vilas Shende, Director, and Mr. Satish Meshramkar shared words of God. Mrs. Vijaya Kumari, Mr. Christopher Waidande, Mrs.Shilpa Bhandarkar, Mrs. Shimy Mathew, Mr. George, Rev. Mrs. Manjari Nanda, Mrs, Swati Waidande, Mr. Abhijeet Thorat, Dr. Pranit Kashyap, Dr. Marien and Mrs. Neha Raipure shared Word of God and information about CMAI and activities of Mure Memorial Hospital.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
The Healing Sunday service was conducted in CSI town Church, Jammalmadugu, Chitoor Dist, AP on Feb 10th. The service was organized by CSI Campbell Hospital. Apart from the congregation, all the staffs and students participated in the healing service. The CMAI healing ministry order of service was followed. The hospital staffs and nursing were fully involved in the service and they participated in Choir, Bible Reading and in other areas. The Regional Facilitator of AP & Telangana delivered a short sermon on Healing Ministry and about CMAI activities. Later, the main sermon was shared by Rev. John Nischal, the Chaplain of CSI Campbell Hospital on Healing Ministry Theme. The healing Sunday offertory of Rs. 25,930/- has sent to CMAI from CSI Campbell Hospital. Dr. Augustine and Rev John Nischal thanked CMAI for great initiative on healing Ministry.
2. Gospel Fellowship Church, Chitoor , Healing Sunday was conductedon Feb 17th. The service was organized by GFI Church. The Regional Facilitator of AP & Telagana spoke on Healing Ministry and about CMAI activities. Later, the main sermon was shared by Ps. Theo, the senior pastor of the GFI Church on Healing Ministry Theme. The special prayer were offered to all medical professionals and to the sick and suffering. And also they also visited patients in the hospitals on Feb 10th and distributed fruits, snacks to them.
3. Arogayavaram Medical Centre , Madanapallee, AP – Feb 10th- 16th. They had a common healing service on every day morning from 10- 16th Feb at the hospital. Dr. Bimal Charles, General Secretary of CMAI has shared a message in the service on Day of CMAI prayer. Staff Retreat was conducted on 13th February 2019; Visited the prison preachers on 14th February 2019; Praise and Worship was conducted on 15th February 2019; Revival Meeting conducted. Skits, songs were performed on 16th February 2019
4. Mary Lyotes Hospital, Madanapalle, Chitoor Dist, AP: The Healing Sunday observed on 10th Feb. All the staffs were participated in the service. On 12th we had Cancer screening and OBGY free consultations to patients from BPL- by Drs from RDT, Battalapalli. On 13th 110 patients were screened for cataract and they would be operated by Dr.Shoba Naveen. On 14th we had a free Cardiology camp- Dr.Nesu Krupa from CMCH examined patients. With Cardiac problems- free ECG/X-ray/ECHO was done. On 15th we could conduct a Diabetic as well as a free Dermatology camps- Dr.Priyanand from CMCH along with his team for Diabetes camp and Dr. Bharati from SVIMS, Tirupati for Dermatology. Two local churches donated their Healing Ministry offering to MLLH- Rs.11,000/-
Other hospitals which conducted HMW were: Amabajipetah Women’s Hospital, Amajipetah, AP;. Metas Giffard Memorial Hospital, Nuzvid, AP; Canadian Baptist church & Hospital, Vuyyur, AP; CSI Church, Nandyal, AP; CSI Church, Lalapet, Secunderabad, Telagana; Ms. Shanthi Robinson had shared the message of Healing Ministry. A Special prayer offered to CMAI and to the Sick people.
It was for the first time in History of Church of South India(CSI)- Karnataka Central Diocese(KCD) the Bishop Rt. Rev. Dr. Prasanna Kumar Samuel had agreed to conduct Healing Ministry Sunday in all the 130+ churches in the diocese.
Also it was the first to upload the Healing Ministry Sunday order of worship and Bible studies in their official website with 5 language. The material was uploaded on 16th January 2019 where it was also shared in their clergy meeting by the Bishop. Most of the CSI-KCD Churches did conduct the healing Ministry Sunday on 10th and 17th of February 2019
Churches such as Hudson memorial conducted medical camps and CSI Shafer Memorial Church also conducted the Medical camp for the church and also for outsiders. In most of the churches there was medical professional who shared the word of God. Dr. Naveen Thomas shared the word of God in St. Johns CSI Church Bangalore. CSI Yeshwanthpur Telugu collected special offering for CMAI and gave as donation of Rs. 6500/- for CMAI. Church of South India – Karnataka Northern Diocese also conducted healing Sunday in few of their churches, one of the oldest churches in northern Karnataka that is Hebich Memorial Church conducted healing Ministry Sunday and the Regional facilitator coordinated in getting the speaker, Mrs. Shilpa Berry, Director of operations Equip India to share God’s word. After the church there was also a retreat to all the medical professionals in the church.
Member institutions such as Baptist Hospital, CSI School of Nursing, Sankeshwar Mission Hospital, CSI Lombard Mission Hospital, CSI Basel Mission Hospital and St. Luke Health center conducted Healing Ministry Sunday in their institutions. The Vice president of CMAI Mrs. Onenlemla Imsong had given two days to share about CMAI in their Chapel Devotion. The gathering was more than 200 staff, students and patient guardians. It paved way for many to know about CMAI and its work to students and new staff.
CMAI Kerala Region has associated with Marthoma and CSI Churches for the fulfilment of healing ministry because they have a track record of celebrating this. For Marthoma Churches they celebrate medical mission Sunday on February 1st week (3rd of February). Niranam Maraman Marthoma Diocese’s convention was one of the best platforms to distribute our material. The following churches have used it in the proper manner.
St Thomas Marthoma church Thiruvalla (Rev Jojan Mathews John); Kizhakkan Muthoor St. pauls (Rev Abraham P Oommen); Kavumbhagam Ebanezer (Rev Thomas P Mathew); Mepral Immanuel (Rev Monsi K Philip); Aanaprampal Marthoma Church (Rev. Oommen Philip); Kuttappuzha Jerusalem (Rev K E Geevarghese); Varikkad Sehion (Rev. Lal Cherian); Annavattom Ebanezer( Rev. P. P. Kuruvilla); Karakkal St Thomas (Rev Jiji Mathews)
We have distributed our healing ministry material to Kollam CSI Diocese secretary. All of them have used our Bible study material. The prohibition on change of liturgy in Marthoma Churches made them avoid our liturgy material. But all of them had a unanimous prayer service on that Sunday and CMAI was one of their mentioned areas. The RF visited CSI Church Amboori, Parathi and got a chance to initiate the bible study and deliver the message over there.
- Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry
The HMW material has sent to all the Member Institutions. The following Member institutions celebrated: Gnanadurai Hospital, Sivakasi, Virudhunagar; Christian Fellowship Hospital, Oddanchathram, Dindigul; Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore; The Schieffelin Institute of Health – Research & Leprosy Centre, Karigiri, Vellore; Joseph Eye Hospital, Trichy; Pondicherry Institute of Medical Science Hospital, Pondicherry etc.,
Shared about CMAI and HMW to the Germany Delegates (Bishops, Presbyters, Theological students) who have come to 13th Bishop Consecration of TELC.
- Shared HMW to various pastors’ fellowships around Tamilnadu.
- Involved in HMW activities with one of the Member Institution Joseph Eye Hospital, Trichy.
- Shared about CMAI, its activities and HMW short sermon in IPA Zion Church, Trichy.
- Approached Tamil Evangelical Lutheran Church 13th Bishop Rt. Rev. Daniel Jayaraj, shared about CMAI & HMW. He were interested with CMAI activities, accept to circulate to all the 136 pastorates under TELC church.
- Approached the President of Christ Lutheran Church Rt. Rev. Stanley Jose, who is our member, accepted to circulate to the 54 churches.
- Celebrated Healing Ministry Sunday on 17th February CSI St. John’s Church, Fort, Vellore. Dr. Sarojini Pancharathnam, retired Doctor from CMC Hospital who presently serves at Scudder Memorial Hospital, Ranipet (Vellore Diocesan Mission Hospital)preached in our services on the Theme Who Touched Me. They will be contributing to SMH. Rev. Jared, Vellore. This was organized by Rev Jeres, Senior CMAI Member.
Upcoming programs: On 7th March 2019, Healing Ministry Day celebration by regional team at Tamilnadu Theological Seminary, Madurai. This program will be organized by Tamilnadu Regional team (Chaplains & Administrator Section). And, on 8th CSI Jayaraj Annapackiyam College of Nursing, Madurai are going to celebrate Healing Ministry Day.