Christian Medical Association of India (CMAI) is a network of 350 hospitals and more than 10,000 individual health professionals in India. CMAI is a leader in prevention, care and technical preparedness in existing and emerging diseases. We collaborate with Indian and international partners to assist and implement National Health Mission’s policies and programs. Our aim is to make a difference in promoting holistic health and well-being of people in this country.
CMAI, under a five-year Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), India, focuses on improving the quality of government supported Blood Banks across India. Under the Project Quality Management Systems –Blood Banks (QMS-BB) CMAI works closely with the Division of Blood Transfusion Services (BTS) of the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in rolling-out multiple strategies for strengthening quality.
The CMAI-CDC- Labs for Life (L4L), a partnership project of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Government of India and CDC has been in action for the last three years. The project supports activities for improving quality of laboratory services in seven states, building sustainable laboratory systems, and strengthening institutions within the public health sector.
Name of the Project : CMAI-CDC- Regional Technical Assistance to Health System Strengthening (RTA-HSS)
Name of the position : Programme Associate–Admin
Reporting to : Regional Advisor
Contract Period : Initially for 6 months (may be extended)
Location : Chennai
- Provide secretarial support to the department assigned as a part of the responsibility
- Maintain correspondence, communications and document
- Extend support to the technical team in developing power-point presentations, budgets, program reports, trip reports, TA claims, etc.
- Initiate management approvals and follow-up on the approval process
- Extend support in developing contracts, agreements, letters, scope of works, etc.
- Initiate independent correspondence, respond to mails under the guidance and supervision of the reporting officer.
- Inform the team on the key activities of the department, travel plans, etc.
- Assist in developing annual reports, quarterly reports, monthly reports or any other reports as per the requirements under the guidance of the immediate supervisor.
- Extend support in planning, coordinating, conducting workshops, seminars, study tours, conferences, exchange visits, training programs and assist the team in registration, documentation, logistics coordination, financial settlements, stationery, etc.
- Contact consultants, experts or any other members associated with this project for sending invitation, confirmation, and facilitate logistics with the support of admin and HR.
- Facilitate correspondence within the team, among technical officers, with partners and stakeholders under the guidance of the reporting officer.
- Facilitate bill processing associated with consultants’ fee and travel claims, meeting expenses, etc.
- Maintain attendance register, time sheets and other official obligations as per the HR requirements and donor requirements.
- Document relevant information both in the form of soft and hard copies and store it systematically for easy access and retrieval. Such documents include visit reports, meeting minutes, workshop reports, training reports, reports submitted by the consultants, communication received from the partnering agencies, tools, checklists, research reports and any other reports as a part of the project requirements.
- Extend Support to team in Chennai office in all CDC-CMAI activities and Delhi office for HR, admin, finance and logistics related to the project. Willingness to travel within and outside the country as a part of official responsibility.
- Undertake responsibilities as and when assigned by the reporting officer.
Eligibility: Minimum Graduation in any discipline from an accredited university with 3-5 years of working experience as Administrator or Secretarial Staff. Experience in working for a national program or with an NGO/CSO will be considered as an added advantage.
Salary: Based on the Experience
Submit your application addressed to Regional Advisor CMAI-CDC-RTA HSS Project and attach a detailed CV mentioning two references. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com , on or before 17th Aug’17. Subject line must have your “Name – Application for Program Associate Chennai”