Health and Development Projects
Improving Access to health and development in Bihar
Supported by Bread for the World
Goal: To improve access to health and development in Purnea District of Bihar
Project Partner: Brethren in Christ Church, Purnea
Project Coverage: Purnea District, Bihar
- Training of Community health Volunteers
- Training of Church leaders from different churches
Project Title: Empowering young women in rural Bihar for improved Maternal and Child Health: A Community Based Intervention Project
Project Partner: Presbyterian World Service & Development (PWS&D), Canada
Implementing Partner: Duncan Hospital, Raxaul, Bihar
Duration of the Project: April 2017 to March 2020
Number of Beneficiaries: 2,122
Summary of the Project: The goal of the project is to develop an integrated package of health and interventions to improve young women’s reproductive and sexual health knowledge, enhance their ability to take part in important family decision making with regards to their welfare and to improve their social support networks.
- Community mobilization through Community Mobilizers at the local level.
- Formation of target group such as young girls in the age of 11 – 22 years, young married women, pregnant women, mothers in law group and taskforce groups.
- Training of frontline healthcare workers during VHND and HSC.
- Home visit by project staff and Community mobilizers for follow up of ASHA’s due list.
- Training/facilitation of taskforce groups on advocacy and networking.