Mid India Board of Education of the Nurses League of CMAI
Mid India Board of Education of the Nurses League of CMAI was started in 1926. It now has 12 ANM schools and 17 GNM schools in 7 states of Central India. MIBE has been striving to maintain high standards of training and evaluation systems in a region where even the basic education is far below the average standards.
We live in an era where malpractices like non attending system, less importance to clinical exposure for students, etc are at their heights. Central India has huge health needs. But the Health care systems and available manpower are very weak compared to the rest of the country. It is in this context that we are called to make the difference and Bridge the Gap by providing highly qualified nurses with social relevance in this vulnerable region of our country.
Aims and Objectives:
- To pursue the highest standards of nursing education that will promote excellence in nursing practice consistent with Christian principles.
- To prepare nurses to participate effectively in the national health care delivery program.
- To be one of the controlling bodies of nursing education under the Nurses League of the Christian Medical Association of India.
- To provide leadership within the nursing profession through the provision of higher education and a holistic approach to health.
- To encourage research and innovation in an effort to stimulate professional progress.
Functions of the Board:
- To prescribe courses of study and clinical practice which meets the requirements of the Indian Nursing Council.
- To conduct examinations and grant certificates and Diplomas
- To arrange for Inspections of affiliated Institutions which provide Nursing Education and such , affiliated Institutions which are being used for the clinical experience of students
- To encourage the preparation and publication of study materials including textbooks.
- To conduct programmes of Continuing Education to enhance the standards of Nursing Education and Nursing Service in the Institutions affiliated to the Board.
- To co-ordinate and supervise the activities of the MIBE Graduate School for Nurses, Indore.
Activities of MIBE:
- Common Entrance test: Students are admitted in MIBE affiliated Institution only if they have appeared the Pre Nursing Test conducted by MIBE. Each State has a centre.
- Examinations: MIBE examinations are usually held in September and April (supplementary). MIBE is the first Nursing Examination Board to follow computerised system of evaluation. Questions are of objective type and bilingual. Questions are based on four levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy. The Evaluation of answer sheets are done at Institute of Psychological and Educational Measurements, Allahabad.
- Conducting Workshops: Workshops are conducted every now and then for Nursing faculty.
- Publications: MIBE has variety of publications .Can be viewed in the publications section.
- Consultancy: MIBE offers consultancy services in the field of Nursing.
List of institutions offering courses under MIBE – Click Here
Distribution of MIBE affiliated Institutions in Central India:
MIBE Graduate School for Nurses:
GSN was started in 1945 with the aim to prepare Indian Nurses in the area of Education and Administration especially for the Hindi speaking areas of our country. The institution started with the Sister Tutor, Ward Sister, Public Health Nursing courses; later Diploma in Nursing Education and Administration was begun. All these courses have been discontinued and presently we conduct the Post Basic BSc(N)programme. This was started in 2005 and is affiliated to Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore.
WE INVITE MISSION HOSPITALS IN CENTRAL AND NORTH INDIA TO JOIN US IN THIS VENTURE AND JOURNEY OF ESTABLISHING HIGH STANDARDS OF NURSING WITH SOCIAL RELEVANCE IN THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST